Monday, February 1, 2010

Little Hood to Coast Relay

During the month of February Mark and I are having a friendly competition to see who can log the most miles. I as some of you know have a a half marathon coming up in May, and I need to start running a little more than I had been.

So today kicked off with my first run, as did Mark. I started my run with one of my favorite mixes, and did some speed work. I am not a fast runner, so when I say speed work I was alternating running 9 minute miles with about 11:30 miles. Once I was finished, I had run just under four miles. I still felt pretty good, so got into a comfortable pace and just kept going, with the music just playing over again. I ended up running a total of 7.25 miles in 82 minutes. Hip Hip Hooray!

Since we are tracking our distances I documented mine as I should have, under my name for the first day of the month, and added a little Woo Hoo (this is the first time I have run that far). I didn't tell Mark how far that I had run when I when we talked. When I got home in the evening I looked at the chart, and he had run 4.1 miles. Next to it he wrote "It's On" Yippy...hopefully my knees wont feel too bad tomorrow. It would be nice to win though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?