Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Love

"Wahooo!"
-Yukon Cornelius -
I got bit by the Christmas bug this week.

It is week 9 of the term and after today there is only 3 weeks to go. I am really looking forward to being done soon. This girl needs a break. School is tough, no matter what you are studying. You don't get to turn your school mind off easily and take a break. You bring your books and laptop home with you and if you are not careful, school can become to your life.

To break this ugly cycle I like to focus on the good things in life. So here are my good things for the week. Enjoy!

The Good Bean
My mother-in-law got me my first bag of these in the Sweet Cinnamon flavor. I was hooked from the first bite. The Good Bean is a company out of California that has been around since 2010. They are roasted chickpeas (garbanzo beans = same thing) with amazing flavors. So far I have tried the Sweet Cinnamon, Sea Salt and Thai Coconut. My favorite has been the Thai Coconut - it has a hint of lemon grass and it is a-mazing! These beans also the perfect snack. A handful if filling and satisfying, and the resealable bag is perfect for keeping in my back pack for snacks in between classes.





Countdowns
Today is big. HUGE. As of today, I have only 399 days left of school. Forever. Fin. That's it.
I started counting down when I had a little more than 650 days...so this is a huge milestone. In 399 days I will be finished with Naturopathic Medical School and tying up loose ends for my graduate certificate in Community Health Management. - Note: That is my hubby in the background.

Winter Weather
We had a lot of freezing rain yesterday and the day before. Everything in the yard is coated with a small layer of ice. The rosemary had a few buds on it, but I don't think they will last long. They sure look beautiful with a sheet of ice on them. There was the threat of school being canceled. But it didn't happen. It wouldn't have mattered anyway, I don't have class or clinic on Thursdays anyway. It takes a lot for our school to close. Last year they called it snowpocalypse. They closed the clinic for 2 days and it was very frustrating to have to make up the shifts. I actually think I still have to make them up. It is okay. I have 399 days to do it.



Title 9 Blow Out Sale
Title 9 is a clothing store that focuses on woman's athletic and outdoor clothing. They have a huge sale at the Oregon Convention Center every other year and this was my third year in attendance. This year I got some pretty great scores. A couple of skirts, a dress and some smart wool tights. I also picked up a Christmas present for a family member...but I'm not going to talk about since she knows about this blog.


Tonight I get to hang out  by myself. I plan on watching some How I Met Your Mother and doing my nails. I know. Super exciting. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

What are you up to this weekend? What are you counting down for right now?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?