Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I wanted chocolate....So I went for a run

I had a really difficult test today in nutrition. But, judging from the discussion after the test, so did everyone else in my class. All I could think about on my way home was cake. I didn't have any though. I had chocolate.

After letting the dogs out, I made some lunch, tuna wraps with romaine lettuce, let the dogs back in and ate. Then I remembered my test. And my craving for something sweet, so I got out my last chocolate bar from Trader Joe's.
I then sat down to read one of my favorite blogs...and wouldn't you know it...She went running today. 7 miles! On the beach. Hmmf.

So I packed up my chocolate and decided to put on some running clothing and set out for a little run. I am slow. It was tough. But I did it. (By the way, the new shoes were great!)

It was an interesting feeling knowing I should run, and then getting a gentle nudge from someone that I admire. It was good to get going and now that it is over, I feel great. I am sure that I will be a little sore tomorrow, but it was nice to get my body moving, and it feels good. So good.

By the way....where has this been all of my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?