Friday, May 9, 2014

The Whole 30...16

I think it was 16, how many days I lasted, I mean.

Mark and I started the Whole 30 on April 7th. We lasted...mmm...two weeks, maybe a little less, maybe a little more.

It was a great experiment, we both did well. Mark lost 10 lbs and I lost 8 lbs. And although we didn't last the whole 30, we did pretty good.

I learned a lot. About me and my connections with foods. I love sugar. And grains. And sugar. I have long used food to cope with stressful situations, and this why I am a little overweight and very tired. Sugar does lots of things to your immune system, energy and not all of them good.

I am happy with my results with how I did for a short period of time, and I do admit that I feel much better when I follow the whole 30, and I plan to continue...sometime, very soon. It has been a great experience. I spend more money on food, and more time in the kitchen, but overall, I am doing so much better because of it.

I have 7 weeks of school left before summer break, and I plan to go back on on the diet lifestyle change before then. But until then, I am going to enjoy as many bowls of coconut milk ice cream as I can. That is food, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?